Ranjani | Founder - Madras High Street that minimize supply chain of products and directly deliver to the consumer



For 14 years, my life went down the typical path. Working in an IT profession, managing people and then coming back to manage the household.
 
It all changed a couple of years back when I visited my hometown. A causal conversation with few of the local weavers there, turned to be an eye opener. The everyday challenges in the business and the lack of profits because of the large retails shops and middle agents, made many of them close their family business and it was hard to see them suffer in silence.

Maybe it was my grandparents always thought I will run my own business or maybe it was that conversation or maybe it was my love for dressing.

I came back to Chennai and started ‘MadrasHighStreet’. The ideas was to identify talented weavers across India , procure their products directly and sell it for a minimal profit in order to not burden the consumers.

The idea was a grow a trusted client base and not profit. No business can run without profit but I wanted it to be a business whose only purpose was making profit.

I am proud that I now have a small but trusted weaver and client base that has enabled me with 100% client and personal satisfaction.

In these difficult times, support your local small businesses. Stay safe.

 - Ranjani 

© Fame 2020.

Post a Comment

0 Comments