Kriya Doshi | Founder - Think Young An Entrepreneurship and leadership academy for Students aged 11 and beyond.



2014
Think young’s journey began back in 2014. It's the period when I started college. I originally had an idea of pursuing a Bachelor’s in Business Administration along with CFA. Though I never gave a thought about career options available after it. Certainly, like a typical teenager’s mistake of choosing a course by getting influenced by trend. Though somehow I cleared my CFA Level 1 with top grades but soon realized that working with numbers the whole day to me was nothing
less than a nightmare.

That was my Eureka moment!

2016

A career misstep isn’t easy to face. It kept haunting me every now and then. The frustration of choosingt wrong field made me think about the fact of what, where, and how it went wrong?

As a result, I realized that I am not the only one facing the same problem in choosing the right career.

That’s how I ignited my research on the Indian Education system and worked upon several
conventional ideas ranging from new-age schooling to tutoring. During the final year, I also took a job in Marketing for an Education company and simultaneously continued my research but still no satisfying solutions sparked.

2017

Embarked on a journey of Masters in Entrepreneurship and Management from Indian School of Management and Entrepreneurship, Mumbai with only commitment to end the program with a start-up idea in the Education industry.

When I initiated discussing my vision with mentors, ultimately making my research grow more intense.

Well people around me made me realize I am not working on any new idea. This
made me frustrated about my failures and the stagnant behavior of my ideas, which also
reminded me to constantly push myself and not settle for average.

Sept 2017

One fine day, while sitting in front of my laptop screen I thought,

“What if I had an exposure to Entrepreneurship early on in my academic career?
My career decision would have changed if I studied Entrepreneurship at my school. That is when I asked myself Why can’t Entrepreneurship be taught in school? A new beginning.

That was my Aha moment!

Sept 2017-Feb 2018

I passionately began working on Customer research, market survey, competition Analysis,
business opportunity, government support, and whatnot. I was hooked. My laptop folders were
filled with just one phrase “Entrepreneurship for school students.”

March 2018-April 2018

Finally, my research and hard work paid off.
While the end of my Master's program was approaching, my idea was taking shape too. I was ready with a Start-up idea and it’s business model.

May 2018

Spent 15 days on Ideating for a name and that’s where Think Young was born!
An Entrepreneurship and Leadership Academy for students aged 11 and beyond which nurtures
essential 21st-century skills and Entrepreneurial mindset in order to make better Career
decisions early on in life and help them to transform their thoughts to great business ideas.

November 2018

Yes, this journey was not easy to start as in November end when I launched the first course of entrepreneurship program not a single registration was done. As a result, I went for social media marketing which finally helped in students enrolling in our program. And that’s how Think Young’s started to grow and is on a mission of bringing a revolution in Indian’s education system with the first batch of 7 students.

Since its inception, Think Young has successfully trained 1800+ learners and helped 65+
students to turn into young entrepreneurs by converting their imagination into the reality of
building STARTUPS.

And that’s how this idea turned me into an Entrepreneur! Even though I started my education with an unclear vision and hopped into different fields from finance to marketing to management to entrepreneurship but for better or worse this made me what I am today. Apart from this everyone in my family is into the business that’s why somewhere deep down I subconsciously.

- Kriya Doshi ( Founder -  Think Young)

Post a Comment

2 Comments