Bhawana Singh build an AI based platform 'Upskillz' for undergrads & professionals to land them their dream carrer.

 

Childhood Story/Journey :

Born on 29th June, 1991 ,the first girl child in a Typical Rajput Family with those orthodox
mindset who still think “Ladkiya Bojh Hoti Hai” ,So my fight started from than only for my
goals and dreams.

So childhood was okish with just one passiona in my mind Kuch to khud ka Karna Hai and than I started by career of entrepreneurship from just 2000 Rs and now its a 6 figure company and I am super proud of that because I built this myself without any help from anyone , Even I didnt borrowed money from anyone.

Education Journey :I did my M.Tech from Jaipur itself


2. About Entrepreneur / Startup Journey

 How did this idea come up?

The story of Upskillz is not your typical story of discovering a problem and then instantly developing a solution and executing. This story is different, and it started with an unpleasant move-in day on the first day of university. It started from a very first of College Time where we get into the College without any guidance and knowledge. I was just like normal students studying the course which was never my interest.

After graduating from there as Electronics Engineer , I got a job in Software Domain and I took it again without any guidance .So , basically an Electronics Engineer converted the career To Software in a ‘Bhed Chal’ This actually gave the idea where students or even the professionals don’t have guidance in career and they chose it because of the sake to Choose from here UpSkillz took birth . Earlier we were just as a hobby guiding the students collaborating with IITias , IIMstudents to give them guidance  and in 2019 we gave it a professional look. Now we have a team of 30 people who are aligned with the company vision.

What was your key driving force to become an entrepreneur / influencer?

Entrepreneurship is absolutely not the easiest path out there. In fact, many people actively avoid entrepreneurship because of the risks involved, the overwhelming amount of responsibility, the fact that there is no real work/life balance, and at the end of the day, every misstep or mistake falls on your shoulders.But those of us that have decided to try our hand at entrepreneurship don’t think too much
about those things—that’s probably why we’re so much about it. We become entrepreneurs because we want financial reward on our own terms. We want to build something special, and we believe in ourselves enough to do so.

This is what makes entrepreneurship so rewarding, despite it being an extremely difficult
career path. I don’t think my energetic personality would have ever had much fun doing a
“normal” job. What gets me out of bed in the morning, and why I’m still building businesses
today, is the excitement of it all. The new idea. The ripe industry. The opportunity to do
something that will make an impact, stand out, and push the envelope.

What is the biggest factor that has helped you to be successful?

Behind this success is a lot of failures , so with me. I failed and i learned.

The mantra for success:
Just do it. If you are not doing it, talk about it. If you are not talking about it, think
about it. If you are not thinking, dream about it.

Do it persistently.

Sometimes, it may get hard, but we still got to do it if we wish to be really successful.

4. What was the hardest decision you ever had to make and when?

In 2014 , I left Chennai and my Job which was the hardest and a most difficult decision of my life.
Without any proper vision of future I left because I don’t want to do that 9 to 5 wala job.
Leaving a monthly high salaried job without any thought was a nightmare for me.
So you can say I am a Company Dropout :-) , I left in just 4 months because I didn't got that kick.

What motivates you?

Some people see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask
why not. I have always been a combination of the two, For me it was curiosity. I want to know what the next step is. I ran out of options - no one would tell me.

What should motivate you is the mission - I always had one mission in mind To connect the
world’s professionals to make them more productive , skilled and successful.

Do you believe there is some sort of pattern or formula to becoming a successful
entrepreneur?

Yes , definitely there is a formula .For me there is one equation of success : Goals +Habits+Success. Smart goals provide you the sense of direction and help you focus , effective habits give you the mental discipline to reach your goals. Conversely , when you improve your goal setting skills and form good habits, success eventually rises.


What piece of advice would you give to college graduates who want to become
entrepreneurs?

There are 3 principals which I say to people who wanted to start their journey of entrepreneurial
journey

1. Build your leadership skills. Be intentional about this, great leadership is a learned
set of skills.
2. Love the process. The way you handle the challenges and find success where
others fail is what makes you an entrepreneur. Embrace it.
3. Learn everywhere. College is great but we can learn anywhere. Study other
people's success and failures. The knowledge is what is important so find it
everywhere.
Bonus: Do it now!

Who has been your greatest inspiration?

So for me inspiration is not just from 1 person or 1 thing.

“I find inspiration in a variety of people and things, every step of my life .Each person I meet.
More than anything else, I want to make the most of my life.

In a way, that is my ultimate life inspiration. I want to free up time, push myself, and focus on projects and ventures that bring me joy.





Post a Comment

0 Comments