The story of "Neuphony" that helps in managing mental health and tracks your brain activity to deal batter with daily distraction.

Sometimes we lose the people we love the most, and all we hope for is to save them somehow. Life has always been quite unpredictable, and losing someone who was a part of you just doesn't go away easily. The loss faced by my family and me was not only emotional to bear but also traumatic to go further in life. It has been four years since I lost my sister, and every day it hurts to know that there was nothing I could do to save her. Some people say its destiny and I won't say they are wrong but don't we all hope to have a way to change our destiny too? The unpredictability of life is that it doesn't warn us when it's going to end, and I never knew that I would lose my sister to a brain disease. All I wish for now is to prevent such losses by the help of Science and determination.  

The thing about loss and grief is that we all feel it but everyone feels it in a different way. The five stages of Grief are Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance. We all go through it, but we all take our own time and pace to cope with it. It has been four years since I lost my sister, and I am still coping with it. My parents still can’t believe what happened to their dear daughter. It’s like we come home every day and don’t see her in her room, we can’t ask her how her day was, we can’t hug her and tell her how much we love her.

I, Ria Rustagi, am 26 years old and from India. I shifted to Singapore to do my Masters in Electronics, Engineering and then moved to Germany for work.

In 2016, my sister was suffering from a brain disease which couldn't be detected by the doctors in time. My sister was Paralyzed after the disease entered her body, and we lost her in the same year. No amount of words can express the grief and emotions I associate with this irreplaceable loss of someone who was not only dear to me but was also my family. It took me some time to comprehend what had happened with my sister and even four years from then; it hurts to realize that I couldn't save my sister from this dangerous brain disease.

In the 21st century, where everyone is fighting their own battles, we sometimes forget to check up on ourselves and others. Everyone these days suffers from feelings of anxiety and depressive episodes in their life, but little do we know how to manage those emotions. If there's one thing we realized by losing someone dear to us, it is that we then realize the value of that person and start prioritizing the family. With this realization, we decided to create a device that maintains a constant check on our brain, and it's functioning. My team has found a solution to this negligent behaviour of us humans, and we aim at lessening the irreplaceable losses that happen to us in our life.


As it's said, we realize things when we lose people or something that is dear to us, I too, along with Bhavya who is my partner in this journey, realized the importance of the human brain and how much we need to check up on ourselves in order to live a peaceful and healthy life. And it was then, when we formed an organization taking inspiration from my sister's name Pankhuri. ‘Pankhtech’ is a firm dealing with technology and there in 2018, Bhavya and I decided to invent a device that would track and keep a check on the human brain. This would include the tracking of our neurotransmitters, our mental health, any stress we face, or simply the connection and wiring of our nerves. The device is called "Neuphony" that understands the inner brain and its functioning. This journey towards the device is a tribute to my sister, whom I miss every single day. Bhavya and I hope to reach out and create awareness about this concept as much as we can, so that everyone can have a healthy and safe mind, thereby a good life. The device called "Neuphony" helps in managing mental health and tracks your brain activity like a smartwatch. The brain being the central nervous system needs to be taken care of, and thus, neuphony tracks the stress, anxiety, sleep and much more to help the individuals work over it and keep themselves safe. Neuphony trains your brain to deal better with daily distractions and help you become more efficient. 

As an entrepreneur and Co-founder of Neuphony, I aim at spreading awareness about the device in the entire world so that we can save lives and help foster mental health. I make sure that I have a well planned weekly schedule so that things run smoothly. Since mental health is our priority, we make sure that the product is timely delivered. Currently, I am targeting to expand sales to Europe and India. The main aim and motto of our initiative are to train your brain by making you feel healthy and accepting towards yourself.

In this initiative, of launching a product in remembrance of my sister and for the individuals facing any problem of such sort, my biggest challenge was forming a team and creating awareness amongst people. We as a team had to interview and talk to many neuroscientists, see their inputs, process the knowledge and decide if they were right for the role or not. The other challenges we faced while working on Neuphony was to convince people to buy our product. In these times of competition, it was difficult because we had to convince people to purchase and trust this device. The conversation with customers included concepts like how does the brain work? What are the different lobes in our brain? What are the different frequencies in our brain? How does Neuphony work? How are mental health and brain interconnected?

It was very hard to convince them as people were not aware of this concept, and it was hard for them to invest in such a device. Being an optimistic person, I absolutely love my product; however, my fiance is the opposite of what I am. Bhavya helps me in realizing the pros and cons of the product, and I keep putting efforts towards it. This situation of having opposite views and perceptions has helped in being more insightful about our product and therefore making it a better fit for the people who use Neuphony.

Our main aim will always be to help people get connected with their inner self, and Neuphony is the solution to our aim. It's time we prioritize ourselves before anyone else. Just like the instructions given when we sit in an airplane, it's important to keep a check on ourselves before we check up on anyone else. Let's together aim at making our mind and body a healthy place for our own selves and others. Just like it's said, precaution is better than cure. I'd say that life is more important than loss. Even now, every day, I think about losing my sister four years ago, and my only regret is that I didn't come up with this idea sooner.

I can't bring back my sister, but I can help others in making their journey of living a healthy and long one.

If I were to share one experience after the loss I faced, it would be having a road trip in Europe and not being happy about it. Every second of every minute went in thinking about my sister, Pankhuri. She was always so proud of me and so excited for me. My sister was my strength and the person who motivated me to do better every day. Europe wasn’t fun without you. Every destination we reached, it made me think about you and your beautiful smile. Our family isn’t complete without you and there aren’t enough words to tell you how much I miss you and love you.I know you’re somewhere out there watching me and every step I make, and I know you’re still motivating me and wishing me the best. On every birthday of yours, I miss you a little too much because we could not save you from the battle you were fighting alone. We may not be together physically but you’ll always be present in my mind and heart.

I feel immense pain and grief for everyone who has lost their loved ones. To everyone who is reading this, I am sending my love and prayers to you and your family. I hope you find the strength to move on from the losses you have suffered. Many of us have to work every day and work with these losses, and in times like these, we feel stressed and overwhelmed because, in the end, we're humans only.

Here's to hoping that Neuphony helps you take good care of yourself, gives you strength and love to fight with all the battles that may come.



 

Post a Comment

0 Comments